Kelowna RibFest Volunteers
Volunteers are the backbone to our Kelowna RibFest. RibFest is 100% volunteer driven. From the planning committee to the people at the gate to the cleanup crew, everyone at Kelowna RibFest is donating their time to bring you the best summer event around!
One of the biggest benefits of being exclusively run by volunteers is that it allows 100% of the proceeds to go back into local community causes. While you’re here at Kelowna RibFest, be sure to thank a volunteer for their hard work and dedication to making our event a huge success.
All volunteers should check in at the Volunteer Tent before their shifts each day to receive instructions, directions to their area, get updates, receive a special ‘RibFest pinnie’ to wear over your regular clothes, and refreshments. The pinnies are returned at the end of your shifts each day so they can be washed and clean for the next day. The Volunteer Tent is also manned and secure at all times so you can leave any valuables with us!
- Thu day & Fri morning, Aug 22 & 23
- Assist with setting out tables and chair, fencing, unloading vehicles, hanging signage, etc.
- Sun evening & Mon morning, Aug 25 & 26
- Assist with moving tables and chairs to a designated pickup spot, remove signage, take down small tents, etc.
Hot Diggity Dog Stand
- Prepare and serve hot dogs and corn on the cob
- Sell drinks (non alcoholic)
Beverage Gardens 4 types of volunteers in 2 Beverage Gardens: General Helper, Server, Drink Ticket Sales, and Entrances for Family and Adult gardens
- MUST HAVE Serving It Right (SIR) to be a Server and provide your SIR# before or upon check in at the Volunteer Tent
- General Helper will be a cleaner, loader, supply stocker, general gofer
- Aid security at entrances to Beverage Garden by attaching wristbands on patrons over 19 years old
- May be responsible for serving food, clearing tables, and running drinks
- Dependent on tent rentals so needs may be determined much closer to RibFest dates
- Located at or beside the Beverage Gardens
- Clean grounds and tables after patrons are finished, if needed
- Ensure tables are clean and cleared, and full garbage bags are removed
- Sit or stand at one of 2 entrances at City Park; 1 is Entertainment Parking lot nearest stage and the other is the ‘main’ entrance area to the RibFest site (between lawn bowling area and Ribbers trucks)
- Greet visitors, allow approved vehicles onto main site, or into Private Parking area
- Manning various games and prize give aways
- Cashier at Ticket Sales
- Popcorn and Candy Sales
- Balloon and Interactive Games Supervision
Volunteer Sign Up
The RibFest online sign up is easy to use and allows you to select the times and places you want to work.
• Click the Sign Up Now! button
• Choose area(s) you would like to work (see tabs)
• Register for your volunteer shifts
• Invite your friends and family to do the same 🙂